John Green

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”

"Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful."

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

reading response 3; Henrietta Lacks

This week i started reading "the Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks." it's about the woman Henriette Lacks, or HeLa. Who's cells were used and still are used throughout the world for medical and scientific discoveries everywhere. I haven't gotten very far, but what I have discovered is that HeLa was just your average African American southern woman. She grew up in Roanoke, Virginia, married her cousin Day and raised all of her children in the same town. She discovered a knot on the inside of her womb one day and whenever she went in for a routine doctors appointment, her life would never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment